Yellow is one of the hardest shade to wear when it comes to makeup! I’ve always been curious to try out yellow eye shadows but never found the perfect shade till I came across Inglot! Inglot’s huge shade range is enough to satisfy any eye makeup lover’s appetite!
This is my first look with yellow eye shadow – in the simplest way and most wearable way – as eye liner!
This look is inspired by an image posted by Inglot India on their Facebook page recently where the model was wearing a bright yellow eye shadow as liner with black winged liner. I have a few of my own things to this look.
Products used for the look :
- Maybelline gel liner
- Inglot AMC 60 eye shadow (true yellow)
- Inglot Duraline
- MAC Siahi gel liner (for waterline)
- Mascara – Lashem Double trouble (not pictured)
- MAC Pigment- Naked
- Brushes – 2 angled liner brushes, MAC 222 and Coastal Scents pointed crease brush
How to create this look ?
- Start by applying black gel liner using an angled liner brush. Keep the line thick and as close to the upper lash line as possible. Wing it out at the outer corner for a dramatic look
- Using Inglot Duraline, wet a second angled liner brush and pick up the yellow eye shadow with it and apply above the Black winged liner as closely as possible. You may need to go over it 3-4 times to get a strong color. You can use a primer on the eyes before applying the eye shadow so that the yellow shows up better. I missed that out which is why I had to apply the yellow eye shadow in 3-4 layers to get a good color.
- Apply warm blue liner on waterline (optional)
- Highlight brow bone with a subtle champagne beige shade
- Finish off with mascara
The look is quite simple but you need a bit of skill with the liner brush to get a clean line. It might take a few tries but practice pays off and you will be able to line your eyes like a pro with a little bit of trial and practice!
I paired this look with a bright pink blush (NYX Cream blush in Glow) and paired 2 lip colors – MAC Rebel and Colorbar Velvet Matte in Oh My Magenta to get a vivid pink stain. The color came out very well though the camera hasn’t picked it up properly. For a bit of extra oomph, I topped this lip combo with Lakme Absolute Plump and shine lip gloss in Candy Shine.
Products used for FACE :
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation NC 40
- Chambor Silver Shadow compact
- NYX Cream blush – Glow
- MAC Lipstick Rebel (as stain)
- Colorbar Velvet Matte lipstick – Oh My Magenta (as stain)
- Lakme Absolute Plump and shine lip gloss in Candy Shine
This is one of the most wearable ways to sport yellow eye shadow. I quite liked this look and I’m still wearing it while I write this post – over 7 hours since I applied this makeup and it looks fresh as ever! Using Duraline helps to bind the eye shadow properly and makes it stay on well. If you do own have Duraline, you could also use MAC Fix+ or The Body Shop Vit E face mist but they may not give a very good color intensity.
I’ll be doing more looks with yellows and other bright shades. Stay tuned!
Would you try this look ?