Posted by Ankita Srivastava | Posted in M.A.C, Makeup suggestions, Tips | Posted on 06-12-2011
Tags: beauty queries, dark under eye circles, eye liner, eye makeup, eye makeup tips, eye makeup with MAC Sable and MAC CRANBERRY, eye pencil, eye shadow, eyes, favorite makeup products, how to conceal undereyes, indian makeup, indian makeup blog, MAC, MAC beauty tips, MAC best eye makeup products, MAC cosmetics favorite artists, MAC cosmetics India, MAC eye makeup products, MAC eye makeup tips, MAC eye shadows, MAC eye shadows for indian skin tone, MAC fast response eye cream, MAC india, MAC live chat, MAC long lasting kohl, MAC orange corrector for under eyes, MAC paint pot, MAC products for concealing, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi answers queries, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi chat, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi eye makeup, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi favorite eye shadows, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi favorite products, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi favrotite products, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi live chat, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi smokey eye tips, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi tips for concealer, MAC senior artist Vimi Joshi tips for eye makeup, MAC smokey eye tips, makeup, makeup products, queries about eye makeup, Vimi Joshi
As some of you might know, MAC has this amazing feature on Facebook where they schedule a live chat with their Favorite Make-up Artists. Last night, I had a chance to participate in the Live chat with MAC Senior Artist Vimi Joshi! It was a madhouse with fans asking questions left right and centre and I was lucky enough to get 2 of my questions answered!
Apart from my own questions, I made a record of all the questions answered my Vimi Joshi yesterday. Yes, it was a lot of copy pasting and documentation on my part but I got to learn so much! I’m sharing these Q&A with all of you in 3 parts since a single post may become too long otherwise : EYES, FACE and LIPS. View post on FACE HERE.
This section covers all the questions answered by Vimi Joshi regarding EYES. The post has great tips and tricks for smokey eyes, shades for brown eyes, concealer and eye makeup in general. Enjoy!
The first question was mine
1. Hi Vimi! Which are your favorite eye shadows for Indian skin tones?
VIMI JOSHI : Amber Lights, Sketch, Carbon, Rule, and Contrast. These colours look great on Indian skin tones!
2. Good afternoon from Spain everybody! Hi Vimi, My eyelids are drooping and I findit difficult to make up them, which kind of shadows do you recommend me? When I use bright colors they look inflated and dark colors make me older. brown eyed, olive skin
VIMI JOSHI : Try using neutral, matte brown shades such as Swiss Chocolate on the outer corner of your eyes. You can also try and enhance your lower lash line by creating a more smokey finish as this will draw attention to your lower lash line.
3. which of your metal x eyeshadows would suit fair asian indian skin?
VIMI JOSHI : Fusion Gold is great for Indian skintones.
4 : I need a good concealer that does not crease. i do not have wrinkles but it tends to settle in my fine lines….should i powder to set my concealer?
VIMI JOSHI: Studio Moisture Cover concealer is great, you should use a powder such Prep
5. My sister has super oily skin and can’t get liner to stay on. She’s tried all kinds and even uses eyeshadow over the top to set it. Any suggestions?
VIMI JOSHI : Try the Prep and Prime eye as a base and lightly set with the Prep and Prime Transparent finishing powder.
6. Hii vimi, I wear makeup everyday and now when i take my makeup off my eyes get red I dont know why, I always use the same makeup its all MAC btw
VIMI JOSHI : Make sure to use a gentle eye makeup remover such as Gently Off Eye
7. My prom is on Wednesday, and I can`t wait! I`m wearing a black, short dress with silver on it and black shoes. What kind of eyeshadow should I use?
VIMI JOSHI : You have to go for a killer smokey eyes look and i would add some lashes for extra glamour. Have a great evening!
8. does purple eyeshawdow work well on brown skin
VIMI JOSHI : Purple eyeshadows works great on brown skin and eyes as it brings out the gold in them making the eyes appear lighter.
9. I’m an albino and what shade of foundation and concealer is right for me? I want some color to my eyebrows because they’re white, what can I do?
VIMI JOSHI : Try using Blonde Brow Pencil as this will add some deifinition to your face. Thank you for your question
10. hi! what is the best MAC product for reducing puffiness under the eyes?
VIMI JOSHI : It has to be Fast Response Eye Cream it contains caffeine which is great to reduce puffiness under the eyes.
11. What eyeshadow colors do you recommend for a smokey look for someone with blue eyes & doesn’t like the ‘natural’ look thx!
VIMI JOSHI : You have to try Print or Humid eye shadow this way you can create a grey or green smokey eye which will make a statement and look great with your eye colour!
12. hey vimi, whazzup? im sure you are super cool and great just wanted to know how to cover up dark circles for those who have a veryyyyy fair complexion? please do suggest the concealer one can use! cheers
VIMI JOSHI : Try using an orange corrector to neutralize the blue underneath the eyes. Then an NW based concealer to cover the circles. Wish you the best with it!
13. Hi,Nimi.As people age, some of them will have folded and wrinkled eyelids. What are some tricks applying makeup on matured eyes?
VIMI JOSHI : Try using Fast Response Eye Cream as this will reduce the apperance of fine lines and also use cream based product and gently apply a little powder of them to set.
14. What is the best concealer for undereyes that will not settle in fine lines, and is not very drying?
VIMI JOSHI : Studio Moisture Cover is a great concealer which is not drying and will moisturize your under eyes, you should also try using MAC’s Fast Response Eye cream before your concealer.
15. hi vimi, i was wondering what are the best eyeshadows to make dark brown eyes “pop” ?
VIMI JOSHI : You’re very lucky – with brown eyes you can wear all the colours. Try using blues and greens to bring them out more and appear for them to look lighter.
16. hi vimi… can u give a eye make-up tip for small eyes to look bigger..
VIMI JOSHI : You can try doing smokey eye as this will increase the boundary of your eyes and make them appear bigger.
17. Hi Vimi, Can you recommend a liner brush for applying winged liner with fluidline for a thin line?
VIMI JOSHI : Try using M.A.C 266 brush. this is great for lining and defining the eyes.
18. a good kajal oder eyeliner for the waterline which lasts for a longer time plzz
VIMI JOSHI : Try using Graphblack Technakohl pencil as it lasts longer. Follow this with blending Prep and Prime Transparent finishing powder around the eyes to help set it
19. Hi Vimi what is your best advise for the best smokey eye
VIMI JOSHI : For the ultimate smokey eye line your eyes using MAC’s smolder Eye Kohl on the lower and upper lash line and blend using the 219 pencil brush and then set with MAC’s eye shadow in carbon or print.
20. Hi! I have such dark eyebrows and I want the “nude” eyebrow look w/o bleach. How can I achieve this?
VIMI JOSHI : Try putting a concealer that matches your skin tone through your eyebrows. this will lighten it without making it look unnatural. ALso ensure that you brush them through properly.
21. hi vim,hira here can you pls suggest me nay product for sensitive skin because whenever i apply base and concelear its gonna hurt me and my eyes are gonna red ..
VIMI JOSHI : Try using M.A.C’s Comfort Creme moisturizer as it is great for sensitive skin. Then also try Prep and Prime Skin
22. HIIII I NEED SOME PRODUCT FOR DARK CIRCLES I GOT REAL DARK UNDEREYE CIRCLES
VIMI JOSHI : To hide dark circles I use orange corrector first to neutralize the dark circles then I use Studio Moisture Cover concealer
23. Vimi…what is the ULTIMATE way to conceal those east indian dark circles?
VIMI JOSHI : Try using orange correct to neutralize the dark cirlces first then use Studio Moisture Cover concealer in NW. Good Luck!
24. being new to using bright colors on my eyes. an having dark brown eyes where you think i should begin not to make it look like too much but still viberant an bright!? i also use black eyeliner to do my eyes . is liquid better then pencil ?
VIMI JOSHI: If you are starting out with bright colour try only using a small amount of a colour like MAC’s Electric Eel eyeshadow to create a smokey finish under your eyes. Pencil and liquid are both good to use you on your eyes i would go with whichever you prefer to use!
25. what color fits best to bluish green eyes? thanks
VIMI JOSHI: Try using MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in dark, as the reddish undertone will work beautifully with your green eyes.
26. What are your favourite products from the Glitter & Ice collection?
There are some things that come up again and again like the Fast Response eye cream, Orange tone corrector, Prep and Prime powder and eye shadows like Print, Amberlights, Sketch, Humid etc which are clearly Vimi J’s favorites. My Mum uses the Fast Response eye cream and its really great , reduces puffiness and under eye bags in seconds! I already own Amberlights and Sketch and they both are great shades! I am definitely checking out the other eye shadow shades next time I’m at MAC.
Q&A on FACE and LIPS coming up by evening!
Hope you all enjoyed reading! :)
You might also like to read :