Today I’m reviewing my Online shopping experience with B.LAB which is new online store for beauty products in India.
About B.LAB :
B.LAB is a India based beauty and wellness company that simplifies shopping for beauty and wellness products for both women and men with a simple click of a button. B.LAB, short for Beauty Lab was started by industry veterans looking to create an exciting destination, which brings some of the world’s best brands and solutions to address your beauty needs.
The shop features a large variety of brands and products organized in logical categories intended to help you find products fast. For women, you will find everything from a daily face wash to the most advanced skin care cream. For men, a range of products from shaving foams to advanced hair styling products are available. We partner with some of the best brands in the world with our brand portfolio growing each day. Don’t miss out – register now to get the inside scoop on new arrivals and offers.
At B.LAB, our team carefully selects brands that offer the most effective solutions for common beauty products from some of the world’s top beauty companies. Whether you are concerned about an occasional breakout or hair loss, you will find that B.LAB offers the best of beauty in India.
One of our goals is to make it easy for you to find relevant products easily. Our site features various ways to discover and learn about new and exciting progress in beauty. The B.LAB MAGAZINE features the latest trends, helpful tips, latest offers, and news from the beauty world. Our weekly B.LAB PICKS shortlists hot products. We will continue to add new ways to simplify discovering new brands, products and solutions. Stay tuned by subscribing to our weekly newsletter.
My experience with B.LAB
Online Shopping is becoming easier and more convenient by the day giving access to a wide variety of brands and with my experience with B.LAB, the one aspect that stands out completely is the brand line up at this store.
- It has the most unique brands like Elizabeth Arden, La Roche Posay, Dermalogica, Shiseido, O.P.I, Zoya, Yves Saint Laurent and many more.
- Well designed website, fairly easy to navigate with recommended products from each brand listed at the top of the page
- B.LAB magazine outlining the latest trends
- Videos section featuring day and night makeup looks
- Special deals every week
- Amazing brand line up (as mentioned above)
- Quick and attentive customer service
- 15% off on registration
- 15 day return policy
- Free shipping above orders Rs 400
- Cash on Delivery (COD) option available
Features of the website : Brands
Features of the website : Magazine
Features of the website : Weekly Deals listed under ‘Specials’
While I loved the uniqueness of the website in terms of brands they stock, I feel there is a lot of areas where B.LAB needs to improve upon to provide a satisfactory shopping experience :
- Lack of payment options : Currently only COD and Direct Bank Transfer options are available. The customer service has assured me that within a month Credit/Debit Card and Net Banking transactions will be available on the site as well. While COD is good, everyone may not want to avail this option and I hope the other options are implemented at the projected timeline.
- Technical errors/inconsistency : Even after making the payment and the confirmation of the payment by the bank as well as the website, my Order status still showed ‘Pending’ in My Account. Currently, 3 days after the product has been received, the status shows ‘Processing’. These small things should be taken care of by the technical team.
- Delay in shipment : Because of imported brands like O.P.I etc, there could be a delay in shipment. My order was delayed because the store was awaiting the receipt from the importer (I had ordered an O.P.I nail lacquer)
- Navigability of the site : Is not exactly hard to navigate but I wish there were more categories, maybe listing of makeup products under ‘Eyes, Lips, Face’ within each brand page to make searching easier.
My package : Arrived perfect wrapped with lots of bubble wrap in a pizza style carboard box inside a large envelope.
While there is a lot of room for improvement, its a new store and its understandable that it takes some time for the systems to set into place. I am really impressed by the brands they have stocked and highly recommend this store.
Have you shopped from B.LAB ?
**I was offered a voucher for my purchase. However, that has not affected my review.
You might also like to read :