Today I’m doing a Smokey purple and gold eye makeup tutorial using MAC eye shadows. This is a soft wearable smokey look can be worn with western as well as ethnic wear.
Here’s the finished look :
Products used for eye makeup :
- MAC Fluidline – Blacktrack
- MAC eye shadows – Sketch , Honey Lust, Plum dressing and Ricepaper
- Maxfactor eyebrow pencil – Ebony
- Lashem mascara
- Brushes -MAC 217 , MAC 222, Faces brush, The Body Shop mineral eye shadow brush , Coastal Scents pointed crease brush, Unbranded flat brush, unbranded angular brush
Start with bare eye :
Step 1 : Apply black gel on upper lash line and smudge upwards using a flat brush.
Apply a very sheer wash concentrating on lash line and outer corner. I am using MAC Blacktrack fluidline.
Step 2 : Apply plummy brown matte eye shadow in crease and outer corner.
I have applied MAC eye shadow – Sketch using MAC 217 brush.
Step 3 : Blend the shade in the crease using a fluffy brush.
I have used MAC 222 brush.
Step 4 : Apply a champagne gold shade on inner corner and inner 1/4th of lid.
I have used MAC eye shadow – Honey Lust using Faces eye shadow brush.
Step 5 : Using an applicator brush, apply a frosty purple eye shadow at the centre of the lid.
I have applied MAC eye shadow – Plum Dressing using The Body Shop mineral eye shadow brush.
Step 6 : Add more plummy brown eye shadow in the outer corner and blend the shades using a fluffy brush.
Step 7 : Highlight browbone using a golden-beige eye shadow
I have used MAC eye shadow – Ricepaper using MAC 222 brush.
Step 8 : Line upper lash line and waterline using black gel liner.
I have used MAC Blacktrack fluidline to line using unbranded angular brush.
Step 9 : Apply the matte plummy brown eye shadow on lower lash line.
I have applied MAC eye shadow – Sketch using Coastal Scents pointed crease brush.
Step 10 : Finish off with mascara
I have used Lashem double trouble mascara (a new product I’m testing, will review soon!)
More photos of finished look :
Photos with flash :
Pair this eye makeup with neutral pink blush and lipstick. It can be worn with ethnic wear as well – the way I’ve worn it for the FOTD below :
Products used for face :
- MAC Studio fix fluid foundation NC 40
- Coastal Scents buffer brush (for foundation)
- Chambor Silver shadow compact
- The Body Shop face and body brush (for compact)
- MAC Blush – Fleur power
- Revlon Colorstay mineral finishing powder – Sunkiss Radieux (only on cheekbones)
- Vega Blush brush
- L’oreal Paris color riche lipstick Beige creme (no. 456)
You might also like to read :