Today I’m doing an eye makeup tutorial for the Evening party wear makeup look that I wore in my FOTD HERE. The star of this look is the gorgeous MAC eye shadow Smoked Ruby from the Semi Precious collection. Its a blackened burgundy/red eye shadow with a frost finish that makes a great party wear eye especially for warmer/deeper skin tones.
This is the finished look –
Read on for the tutorial..
Products used for this tutorial :
- MAC Paint pot – Indianwood (Click to read review)
- MAC Smolder eye kohl (Click to read review)
- Lancome ombre absolue radiant smoothing eye shadow divine hold ‘F75 Envie de Chocolat’ (taupe brown shade)
- MAC Mineralize eye shadow ‘Smoked Ruby’ (from Semi Precious collection)
- MAC Naked Pigment (Click to read review)
- Maybelline chai latte eye shadow quad (Darkest shade- for brows)
- Lancome Hypnose drama instant full body volume mascara
- MAC Chromagraphic pencil NC15/NW20 (Click to read review)
- Brushes : MAC 217, The Body Shop mineral eyeshadow brush, Faces eye shadow brush, Coastal Scents pointed crease brush
Step 1 : Prime eye lids with primer/paint pot
I have used MAC Paint pot -Indianwood
Step 2 : Apply kohl on upper lash line.
I have used MAC Smolder eye kohl
Step 3 : Smudge the kohl using a smudging brush
I have used Coastal Scents pointed crease brush for smudging.
Step 4 : Define crease and outer corner using a taupe-brown eye shadow
I have used Lancome ombre absolue radiant smoothing eye shadow divine hold ‘F75 Envie de Chocolat’
Step 5 : Apply Smoked Ruby using a damp brush all over the lid
Step 6 : Apply Smoked Ruby using a dry fluffy brush(MAC 217) at the crease and blend
Step 7 : Apply a white/flesh toned pencil on waterline and highlighter on browbone/inner corner
Also apply the same taupe brown shade lightly on the lower lashes for definition.
I have used MAC Chromagraphic pencil on waterline and MAC Naked pigment to highlight
Step 8 : Clean up an excesses at the outer corner using a moistened Q-tip
Step 9 : Finish off with mascara concentrating on the outer corner lashes.
I have used Lancome Hynose drama instant full body volume mascara
Here’s the finished look!
Photos with flash :
Click HERE to see face and lip makeup breakdown of the look.
You might also like to read :