Posted by Corallista | Posted in Eyes, Looks, M.A.C, Smokey eyes, Tutorials | Posted on 18-10-2011
Tags: EOTD, eye makeup, eye makeup tutorial, eye shadow, eyes, how to wear MAC Smoked Ruby, indian makeup, MAC, MAC cosmetics India, MAC india, MAC indianwood paint pot, MAC mineralize eye shadow, MAC Naked pigment, MAC Semi precious collection, MAC Smoked ruby, MAC Smoked ruby eye makeup, MAC Smoked ruby eye shadow tutorial, MAC Smoked ruby smokey eye, makeup, mineralize eye shadow smoked ruby, party eye makeup, red eye makeup, red eye makeup for parties, red maroon smokey eye, red smokey eye makeup, red smokey eye tutorial, smoked ruby, smokey eye, smokey eye tutorial, smokey red party makeup, tutorial
Today I’m doing an eye makeup tutorial for the Evening party wear makeup look that I wore in my FOTD HERE. The star of this look is the gorgeous MAC eye shadow Smoked Ruby from the Semi Precious collection. Its a blackened burgundy/red eye shadow with a frost finish that makes a great party wear eye especially for warmer/deeper skin tones.
This is the finished look -
Read on for the tutorial..
Products used for this tutorial :
- MAC Paint pot – Indianwood (Click to read review)
- MAC Smolder eye kohl (Click to read review)
- Lancome ombre absolue radiant smoothing eye shadow divine hold ‘F75 Envie de Chocolat’ (taupe brown shade)
- MAC Mineralize eye shadow ‘Smoked Ruby’ (from Semi Precious collection)
- MAC Naked Pigment (Click to read review)
- Maybelline chai latte eye shadow quad (Darkest shade- for brows)
- Lancome Hypnose drama instant full body volume mascara
- MAC Chromagraphic pencil NC15/NW20 (Click to read review)
- Brushes : MAC 217, The Body Shop mineral eyeshadow brush, Faces eye shadow brush, Coastal Scents pointed crease brush
Step 1 : Prime eye lids with primer/paint pot
I have used MAC Paint pot -Indianwood
Step 2 : Apply kohl on upper lash line.
I have used MAC Smolder eye kohl
Step 3 : Smudge the kohl using a smudging brush
I have used Coastal Scents pointed crease brush for smudging.
Step 4 : Define crease and outer corner using a taupe-brown eye shadow
I have used Lancome ombre absolue radiant smoothing eye shadow divine hold ‘F75 Envie de Chocolat’
Step 5 : Apply Smoked Ruby using a damp brush all over the lid
Step 6 : Apply Smoked Ruby using a dry fluffy brush(MAC 217) at the crease and blend
Step 7 : Apply a white/flesh toned pencil on waterline and highlighter on browbone/inner corner
Also apply the same taupe brown shade lightly on the lower lashes for definition.
I have used MAC Chromagraphic pencil on waterline and MAC Naked pigment to highlight
Step 8 : Clean up an excesses at the outer corner using a moistened Q-tip
Step 9 : Finish off with mascara concentrating on the outer corner lashes.
I have used Lancome Hynose drama instant full body volume mascara
Here’s the finished look!
Photos with flash :
Click HERE to see face and lip makeup breakdown of the look.
You might also like to read :