Today I’m reviewing Lancome L’absolu rouge advanced replenishing and reshaping lip color in the shade -06 OGBA.
Price : $29.00 (approx Rs 1400-1500)
I reviewing the mini size lipstick (1.65 g) that I bought as part of a Limited Edition set along with Hynose Drama instant full body volume mascara and Bi Facils eye makeup remover. The set retails at Rs 1390.
What Lancome Paris says about L’absolu rouge advanced replenishing and reshaping lipcolor :
Wrap your lips in rich, satiny color with this deeply replenishing lipstick. Infused with moisture-boosting Pro-Xylane™, lips stay moist, soft and comfortable for up to 8 hours. Antioxidant-rich Vitamin E and SPF 12 help keep lips safe from environmental aggressors, so they’ll look and feel healthier day after day. The stay true color won’t feather, flake or fade, so your pout will always look picture-perfect.
View product and shades on website HERE.
- Deeply replenishes, softens and moisturizes lips for up to 8 hours
- Lips feel comfortable and smooth for hours
- Intense color glides on evenly and looks satiny
- Help protect delicate lips against environmental damage, UVA and UVB rays
- The sleek black case features an innovative magnet closure system and looks undecidedly luxurious
- Patented Pro-Xylane™ and Ceramide V help restore moisture and strengthen the moisture barrier
- Contains the unique Moisture Locker Complex
- The Satin Color™ Complex ensures even dispersion of color; High Fidelity Pigments give rich, intense color
- SPF 12 sunscreen and Vitamin E safeguard lips against environmental damage
My take on the product
The asymmetric black packaging with the Lancome rose logo printed on the top looks really classy and elegant. The inside tube is golden in color which gives it a very vintage look.
All Lancome products I’ve tried so far whether it be skincare or makeup including this lipstick has a mild pleasant floral fragrance.
The texture is smooth and creamy and it glides easily on the lips. The lipstick is quite pigmented and single swipe gives opaque color. It has a satin finish- its neither complete matte nor too glossy. But the best part about this lipstick is its staying power. It claims to last for 8 hours and this particular shade lasted about 6 hours on me(after which it faded to a light stain) including 2 meals in between. The intensity of the color lightens with meals but it doesn’t fade. I’d put on this lipstick at about 3 in the afternoon and when I removed my makeup at around 1 in the night, the tint was still there. It doesn’t dry out the lips visibly but I did feel a bit of discomfort after about 3-4 hours of wear when I felt the need to apply a little lip balm on top.
It doesn’t get patchy after meals and fades evenly. It does not accentuate the fine lines or settle into them. It doesn’t feather or bleed. It doesn’t feel sticky or stretchy on the lips. It is one of the best lip colors I have come across! One always expects good quality and lasting power when investing in a high end brand and this lipstick totally delivers!
The shade being reviewed :
The lipstick only has an alphanumeric label but no name. The lipstick shades listed on the website have such luxurious names and I wish this one had a name too! The shade is a natural coral pink shade – its on the lighter side and would suit fair to medium complexions very well. Worn alone, I feel the shade makes my face look a little washed out but it complements more colorful/heavier eye makeup very well. I would definitely recommend this shade for women with skin tones upto NC 37/40.
The GOOD about Lancome L’absolu rouge advanced replenishing and reshaping lipcolor :
- Elegant and classy black and golden packaging
- Smooth creamy texture
- Good pigmentation
- Gives opaque color in single swipe
- Lasts 6-7 hours with even fading (including meals)
- Gives a satin finish to the lips
- Is not overly drying
- Contains SPF 12
- Contains Vit E, Patented Pro-Xylane™ and Ceramide V
- Comes in a wide variety of shades
- Not available in all cities
- Can feel a little drying after 3-4 hours of wear
How it looks on me :
The lipstick comes in a classy luxurious gold and black packaging. The quality is all one would desire in a lipstick from a luxury brand- smooth creamy texture, good pigmentation, lovely satin finish, opaque color that lasts 6+ hours without feathering or bleeding including multiple meals in between. It also contains SPF 12 along with patented Patented Pro-Xylane™ and Ceramide V. The shade being reviewed is a light/medium coral pink that would best suit fair to medium skin tones.
I bought it as part of a set with a mascara and an eye makeup remover but I would definitely check out the darker shades in this range!
Highly recommended to everyone!
Rating : 4.5/5
Have you tried Lancome Paris lipsticks?
You might also like to read :