MAC”s Semi Precious collection launched today in India.
This collection is made up of a gorgeous array of Mineralize makeup products that are inspired by the beauty, form and mystery of Precious Gems located in the Brazilian Atlantic Rainforest. The products incorporate MAC’s special blend of 77 minerals as well as 4 unusual Semi-Precious stones (Bronzite, Black Tourmaline, Pyrite and Lepidolite ) mined by the people of the Mata Atlantica region of Brazil. These stones provide the inspiration behind the creation of each product in the collection’s form and color, and tell a story of the beauty and mystery of the exotic Brazilian Atlantic Rainforest.
Eye shadows :
- Mineral Mode Mélange White Base with Copper and Gray
- Unsurpassable Mélange Green, Teal, Purple and Copper
- Jade’s Fortune Mélange Bright Yellow, Blue, Lime and Black
- Hint of Sapphire Mélange Pink, Violet, Teal, Copper and Blue
- Clarity Mélange Light Pink, Off White Green, Gold and Black
- Golden Gaze Mélange Gold and Black
- Faux Gold Mélange Coral, Gold, Lime and Bronze
- Quartz Fusion Mélange Soft Pink, Silver, Deep Pink
- Rare Find Mélange Violet, Brown and Gold
- Blue Sheen Mélange Navy, Black and Peach
- Dark Indulgence Mélange Forest Green and Black
- Smoked Ruby Mélange Burgundy and Black
Mineralized eye shadows are not as pigmented, smooth and easy to blend as the regular eye shadows. Majority of these are quite shimmery with below average color payoff. The outstanding ones from this collection are Smoked Ruby, Golden Haze, Dark Indulgence and Blue Sheen. These were quite smooth in texture with more of frost finish (rather than shimmery) and were quite pigmented as well.
All of these have been swatched ‘dry’. The not-so-pigmented shades might work better when used wet or used over a good base but in my opinion, if one is buying MAC, one shouldn’t need to put so much effort to make the product work!
Mineralized Skin Finish :
- Semi Precious Crystal Pink Base–Pink Champagne, Inner circle–Pink, Dirty Green, Bronze
- Semi Precious Rose Quartz Base–Rosy Pink, Inner circle–Silver, Lime, White Pink, Copper
- Semi Precious Goldstone Base–Brown, Inner circle–Rosy Pink,White, Gold
The texture of these was not as smooth as the blushes and I found only ‘Goldstone’ working for me. I tried Crystal Pink too but it clashed horribly with my skin tone.
Swatches : Left swatch- base, Right swatch- Inner circle
Part 2 with the lip stick, lip gloss and blush swatches coming up soon!
Special thanks to Deepti. the MAC MUA who helped me out with the swatches 🙂
Which one would you pick from these?