MAC’s Surf Baby collection launched recently in India but sadly most of the products were either not in stock or sold out within a day or two! Surf Baby was launched internationally in the summer of this year which is why there are plenty of bright corals , yellows and teal shades in this range. The packaging is also rather summery – white with yellow stripes and the hibiscus flower in red with a hint of blue and grey – different from the regular black but not really my favorite.
You can view the entire collection info HERE.
Here are my thoughts and swatches of products I found in stock at the nearest MAC Store (Andheri branch, Mumbai) :
1. Eye shadows
There are 5 eye shadows in this collection :
- Saffron Deep coral caramel (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Short Shorts Frosty white champagne (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Sun Blonde Dirty yellow gold (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Surf U.S.A. Frosted teal (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Swell Baby Mid-tone grey (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Apart from Swell Baby, all the eye shadows were in stock. I absolutely loved Surf USA but there were no fresh pieces apart from the tester available at the store. I tried on Saffron but it looked much more orange on the lids than in the pan (not flattering at all!)
2. Crushed metallic pigments
- Summer Stash Light pink champagne, light white pearl, light violet with silver pearl, brown bronze with gold pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Surf the Ocean Frosty platinum, light yellow green, gold bronze, dirty graphite with silver pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
The texture of these pigments is absolutely wonderful- super smooth (almost creamy) and very pigmented! Only Surf the Ocean was in stock.
3. My Paradise Cheek color (blush)
The only blush in this collection looks quite pretty with the flower shaped shimmery golden overlay. Texture was a little powdery and the golden overlay was very shimmery. The shade though is a pretty orangy coral which would look great on warm skin tones.
4. Lip glass
- Girl on Board Pale white gold (Limited Edition)
- Good Lovin’ Soft peachy pink (Limited Edition)
- Krazy Kahuna Warm mid-tone brown (Limited Edition)
- Strange Potion Soft coral pink (Limited Edition)
There are 4 shades in this collection. Only 3 were in stock. The texture of MAC lipglasses is thick and rather sticky but they last 3-4 hours on the lips because of that. Good lovin and Strange potion (both shimmery) is best suited for fair-medium skin tones while Krazy Kahuna (creamy finish) will look lovely on duskier skin tones as well.
- Bust Out! Dirty mid-tone violet (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Hibiscus Bright orange coral (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
- Mocha Peachy yellow-brown (Satin) (Permanent)
- Naturally Eccentric Creamy white nude (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
I really wanted to try out Hibiscus and Mocha but only Bust Out was in stock.
6. Studio Careblend Pressed Powder
- Gold-Go-Lightly Mid-tone golden tan brown (Limited Edition)
- Lush-Light Bronze Mid-tone rosy pink brown (Limited Edition)
These were really silky smooth and soft in texture- can be worn all over or as blush/bronzer.[smartads]
7. Bronzing Powder
- Solar Riche Mid-tone deep orange brown (Limited Edition)
- Refined Golden Finely spun gold with soft pearl finish (Permanent)
This was quite smooth in texture as well. Only 1 shade was available – Solar Riche
8. Suntint lip balms
These were very sheer lip balms with barely any tint. 2 shades were available (I forgot to take down the name and in swatch they both look similar!) They contain SPF 20 so these could be good for layering over lipsticks for sun protection.
From this collection, I personally loved the eye shadow -Surf USA, the Studio careblend pressed powders and the Crushed metallic pigments. I would have loved to check out the other shades of lipsticks too but there were not in stock. I picked up the Crushed Metallic pigment set for myself – will be reviewing and doing looks with it in the coming week!
What did you like most from this collection?