Recent months have seen many online beauty shopping websites being launched in India providing access to many brands, some even at discounted prices with options of free shipping and Cash on delivery, making shopping easier and more convenient than ever before!
A new website named VioletBag.com has also entered the market recently and here’s my experience shopping from VioletBag.
The GOOD about VioletBag.com :
- Well designed website – easy to navigate. Search can be narrowed down using filters like brand, price range or category.
- The order processing is really quick – confirmation sms and email is sent within seconds of placing the order. Order delivery claim is 3-5 days. I placed my order on 1st October and received it on 3rd October via Blue Dart.
- The product is packaged well with bubble wrap and lots of thermocol cubes
- Accept payment through net banking, credit and debit cards
- Cash on delivery option available
- Shipping charges of Rs 50 upto Rs 250 order value. Above that, shipping is free all over India.
- Wide variety of products covered- fragrances, cosmetics, body and hair care, accessories and skin care products as well.
- It also offers many other products which I’ve not seen on other websites yet- electric shavers, epilators, hair dryers/straighteners and men’s grooming kits
- Most products are available at discounted prices
- Huge perfume collection- contains fragrances from 58 premium brands!
- Apart from regular brands available on most websites- I found Vichy products also listed on VioletBag.com and I picked up the Normaderm night cream which has wonderful reviews (meant for oily skin, with pores and marks)
- Order history and address book is stored in account once its created– makes further shopping easier
- Order tracking available
- The only con of this website is that it doesn’t have many brands but since it is a young website it is understandable. They are in the process of adding more premium brands and I’m really looking forward to the new additions.
I hope they add more brands that are not easily accessible to everyone – like NYX, more products from Vichy, maybe BeYu and Deborah which are available only in select cities in India.
Image of what the ‘My account’ page looks like – contains tabs for address book and order history on the left :
Few images of the packaging and my purchase – Vichy Normaderm Night chrono-active anti-imperfection care :
p.s – I really liked the name VioletBag 😛
Have you shopped from VioletBag.com ?
*I was provided a Rs 1000 discount voucher. However that has not affected my review.