Today I’m doing a simple Golden smokey eye makeup tutorial. The Festive season has already begun and smokey eyes especially in metallic shades look beautiful for festive occasions.
This is the final look :
Read on for the step wise tutorial ..
Products used :
- MAC Paint pot – Indianwood (click to read Review)
- MAC Smolder eye kohl (click to read Review)
- Coastal Scents 88 palette – matte black eye shadow
- Coastal Scents hot pot – gold shade
- MAC Naked pigment (click to read Review)
- Colorbar instant cover up stick concealer -003 Almond Coffee (click to read Review)
- Brushes – MAC 217, Coastal Scents pointed crease brush, Faces eye shadow brush, NYX Contour brush
- Avon supercurlacious mascara (click to read Review)
Step 1 : Apply a base/primer
Since I’m doing a golden smokey eye, I have used MAC Indianwood paint pot as base.
Step 2 : Apply kohl on upper lash line and waterline.
I have used MAC Smolder kohl pencil.
Step 3: Smudge the kohl using a pencil/smudging brush
I have used Coastal Scents pointed crease brush for this step.
Step 4 : Apply black eye shadow on outer corner and crease.
I have applied the marked shade from Coastal Scents 88 original palette using MAC 217 brush. Since I am already using a blending brush to apply the product, I do not need to blend separately. This reduces time as well as makes it easier.
Step 5 : Intensify the black eye shadow by applying more product (optional)
Step 6 : Pat some golden eye shadow on the inner 2/3rd of the lid.
I have used Coastal Scents hot pot golden eye shadow.
Remove the excess black eye shadow from lower lash line using Q-tip. Also blot some of the excess from the outer corner to soften the look.
Step 7 : Apply highlighter on browbone and inner corner and finish with a coat of mascara
I have used MAC Naked pigment to highlight and Avon supercurlacious mascara. Also apply concealer to the under eye at this step.
You might also like to read :