Posted by Ankita Srivastava | Posted in Avon, Lips, Product Reviews | Posted on 14-09-2011
Tags: Avon, avon everlasting gloss swatch, avon everlasting lip gloss, avon gloss india, avon india, avon lingering plum lip gloss, avon lingering plum review, avon lingering plum swatch, avon lip gloss review, avon makeup india, avon perfect wear ever lasting gloss, avon review, deep plum lip color, fall makeup, indian makeup, lip gloss, lip gloss shades for all skin tones, long lasting lip gloss, makeup, makeup review, opaque lip gloss, plum FOTD, plum lip gloss, product review
Today I am reviewing Avon perfect wear everlasting gloss in the shade ‘Lingering Plum’.
Price : Rs 329
Quantity : 2.5 g
What Avon says about the product :
- Avon’s first long wearing tip gloss makes touch-ups a thing of the past
- Shiny, glossy colour that stays true and comfortable wear that lasts for 8 hours
- Moisturizing formula keeps lips soft, smooth-and spectacular
My take on the product :
The product comes in a thick round transparent tube packaging with a dot foot applicator. The packaging is a little larger than most glosses but surprizingly holds only 2.5 g of product. The packaging is sturdy and attractive. The mouth of the tube is well designed so that is doesn’t get messy after some time of tube due to excessive product spilling out.
The texture of this gloss is quite thick and it gives full opaque coverage to the lips. The finish is glossy though not too overly shiny. As expected from a long wear lip product, it feels a little sticky and stretchy on the lips. The slightly stretchy feeling is apparent when you purse the lips together but its not too uncomfortable. The gloss is quite moisturizing and long lasting. It does not dry out the lips like most long wear products.
It claims 8 hours of wear but realistically speaking, it wears for about 5-6 hours after which there is still a light stain on the lips. It is one of the longest wearing lip products I’ve tried which do not dry out the lips or start flaking off after some time.
It has a strong fragrance- a mix of something spicy and vanilla which lasts a few minutes after application.
The shade Lingering Plum :
Its a true plum shade with a hint of brown which comes out more as the color starts fading after some time. It appears to be densely packed with shimmer in the tube but on the lips, the shimmer doesn’t stand out. It just gives a nice shine along with deep,rich color to the lips. The shade is quite dark and might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it does make a great lip color for the fall if you don’t shy away from deep shades. Its not an everyday kind of shade but by using little amount of product, it can be worn everyday too. The shade will suit all complexions.
The GOOD about Avon perfect wear everlasting gloss -
- Classy, sturdy transparent tube packaging with doe foot applicator.
- Glides smoothly on lips.
- Very pigmented.
- Gives full coverage to the lips.
- Long lasting
- Available in a variety of shades.
- Lingering Plum- shade will suit all complexions and looks great for evenings/fall-winter months.
- Avon does not test on animals.
- Can be purchased at a very reasonable price on discount.
- It feels slightly sticky and stretchy on the lips especially if when you press them together.
- It has a strong scent that everyone might not like.
- Only available through Avon representatives.
- Contains quite less quantity which is misleading considering the size of the tube.
- Colors may be misleading in the catalog.
The color is darker than how it appears on me here -
It is one the longest wearing lip color (and gloss) I’ve tried so far. It gives long lasting color and shine without drying out the lips. The texture is thick and slightly sticky, the scent is little overpowering but not unpleasant and it comes in a really classy and sturdy packaging but the quantity provided is quite less. Lingering Plum is a deep rich plum which red/brown undertones , containing high shimmer which appears subtle on the lips.
High recommended to everyone especially if available on offer.
Rating : 4.25/5
Have you tried Avon extra lasting lip gloss?
You might also like to read :