Today I’m reviewing one my current favorites and undoubtedly one of the best lip products I’ve used so far- Colorbar lip pot!
Price : Rs 495
Quantity : 6 gm
What Colorbar says about the product :
Pamper your lips with this deliciously, syrupy lip color. Cushiony and wet, it optically plumps your lips for a sexy plushy pout you will become addicted to ! Comfortable and emollient. Lips that look lush, plush and gorgeous.
My take on the product :
The description is rather fancy 😛 Basically its a creamy lip color, packaged in a pot that provides long lasting opaque color to the lips in a semi-glossy finish.
It comes in the classic Colorbar silver box packaging with a slit on the side for the color of the product to peek through. The product itself is housed in a transparent pot with a silver screw on lid. Inside, there is a seal that needs to be peeled off to start using the brand new product.
The texture of the product is very creamy and thicker than Lakme lip love conditioner. The product is quite pigmented and a small amount gives medium coverage which can be built to opaque coverage by applying a little more product. It feels very comfortable on the lips. It is quite moisturizing and gives the looks a healthy, smooth glossy finish that wears off after some time to a semi-matte finish. The product has a sweet caramel fragrance that barely lasts few seconds after application.[smartads]
The most impressive part is its lasting power. It easily lasts 5-6 hours on me even with heavy meals in between. It stains a little which is why it gives such a good lasting power. Despite its long wearing property, it does not feel sticky or stretchy or drying on the lips which I’ve never experienced in any other long wearing lip product!
It comes in 6 beautiful shades-
001 Warm Me Up – Pinkish- mauve nude
005 Toffee Tango – Nude peachy brown
006 Coral Crush – Brownish peachy-coral shade.
009 Pink Velvet – Brownish pink with a mauve undertone (the shade I picked)
017 Cherry Pop – Cherry Red
The counter did not have the last shade but its a deep burgundy-plum shade.
The shade Pink Velvet –
Its a brownish pink with a mauve undertone. Would suit most complexions except very dusky ones. Its neither too subtle, nor too loud. Gives a good amount of color to the face to brighten it up. After few hours/meals, the glossy finish fades to a semi-matte finish. The color stays on for the entire day without drying out the lips. I applied this shade in the evening and even fell asleep with this one and in the morning the color was still there!
The GOOD about Colorbar lip pot ‘Pink Velvet’ :
- Transparent packaging allows shade to be seen from outside.
- Classy transparent and silver packaging- comes with a seal too.
- Creamy texture, glides beautifully on the lips.
- Moisturizing- contains waxes, jojoba oil and shea butter.
- Gives opaque coverage to the lips.
- Has an amazing lasting power of 5-6 hours (and even longer depending on meals)
- Does not dry out the lips.
- Gives healthy, glossy look to the lips.
- Feels comfortable and non-sticky.
- Has a sweet caramel fragrance.
- 6 gm product ! Will last a long time.
- Priced well for the quantity and quality!
- Shade gives the right amount of color to the lips- gives a polished look.
- Shade would suit most complexions.
- The biggest con is the pot packaging- you need a brush or need to dip fingers in to apply. Fortunately, this product rarely requires touch-ups.
- Colorbar availability is a bit of an issue.
- I did not feel any noticeable plumping effect as claimed
How it looks on me –
Overall Verdict : It is the perfect lip product- creamy, spreads evenly, moisturizing, gives smooth glossy appearance to lips and lasts for a long time!! The only con is the pot packaging which requires brush for application. The product is well priced for the quantity and quality. The shade Pink Velvet is a brownish mauve-pink that gives a good amount of color to the face. Would suit most complexions.
Highly highly recommended to everyone!
Have you tried Colorbar lip pots?
You might also like to read –