Those who know me would know that I love Chambor products! Today I’m reviewing Chambor dual action beauty sponges which I received as a free gift along with my purchase of Chambor Glitzy gloss Intense no. 616 and Chambor Glitzy Blush ‘Glitzy Copper’ few months back.
Price : Rs 495 ( approx $11)
Quantity: 75 ml
What Chambor says about the product :
Dual Action: Make Up Remover & Gentle Exfoliation
- A gentle make up remover with a new technology based on Micro Sponges which creates a mild skin polish action with soft exfoliation.
- Rich in Apple & Kiwi Extract, it has moisturizing, toning & astringent virtues, making the skin look healthy, fresh & pure.
- The micro sponges clean all kinds of time resistant foundations, absorbing the impurities of the skin, like dead skin cells & excess oil.
- Suitable for all skin types & is DERMATALOGIST TESTED.
My take on the product :
I’m a big fan of Chambor makeup products but had not tried their skin care range – mainly because of the “all skin types” mentioned on all their products. My skin being oily and acne prone, I tend to be a little more specific with my skin care products. This little beauty came in my possession as a free gift with purchase of a blush and gloss.
The product comes in a tube packaging with a transparent soft plastic body and a navy blue flip open type cap. The packaging looks attractive since it allows the color and texture of the product to be seen from outside but its really flimsy. As long it is kept on your dresser undisturbed, it works fine but as soon as you travel with it, the gel manages to seep out of the packaging somehow.
The product itself is a runny light mustard colored gel containing micro beads made of soft jelly like material. The micro beads are quite densely packed in the gel base. The product is very runny and the beads tend to keep slipping out of the fingers as you try to spread it over your face and massage it. Unlike some other products containing beads, these micro beads do not crush to release any active ingredient- they only have mechanical action.
The product has very pleasant mild fragrance like all Chambor products and it gives a slight calming sensation rubbing the product on your face. It barely lathers and hence feels very very gentle on the skin. On washing off with water, it washes off without leaving any residue behind. Though the sponges may feel useless because all they do is try to slip out of your fingers as much as possible, it cleans the face effectively giving a nice glow and a healthy nourished look. Most products that give this kind of end result generally leave behind a bit of waxy residue which gives the moisturized look but it is not so with Chambor beauty sponges.
The GOOD about Chambor dual action beauty sponges-
- Attractive packaging with colored gel containing fine gel beads.
- Has a calming pleasant fragrance.
- Very gentle on the skin.
- Does not lather- does not dry out the face.
- Skin feels soft, supple and nourished after washing face.
- The beads are very gentle but effective in cleansing the face.
- Does not leave any residue behind.
- Removes all non-waterproof makeup very well.
- Small quantity required each time- 75 ml will last long.
- Packaging is not sturdy enough for travel- product seeps out from it.
- The gel is very runny- might end up taking out more product than required.
- The beads are very slippery and keep trying to slip out from the fingers as you try to massage your face with it.
- Does not clean water-proof makeup effectively.
Overall Verdict : It is one of those products that give a luxurious experience to the simple task of washing your face. The mildly colored gel is extremely runny and contains micro beads that give gentle exfoliation. The product is very gentle, has a mild pleasant fragrance and gives a smooth, supple nourished look to the face on washing off. It doesn’t work well on removing waterproof makeup and packaging isn’t sturdy enough for travel purposes. Even though its a lovely product, the price tag would keep most people from buying this.
Will I repurchase: No. Its too expensive!
Have you tried Chambor Beauty Sponges?
You might also like to read :