4 Eye makeup looks with Mattify! cosmetics sparkling eye shadow ‘Summer Storm’ :Photos and Tutorials
Posted by Corallista | Posted in Eyes, Mattify! Cosmetics, Tutorials | Posted on 31-07-2011
Tags: eye makeup, eye makeup photos, eye makeup tutorial, eye makeup with mattify summer storm, eye makeup with silver grey eye shadow, makeup, mattify, mattify cosmetics, mattify summer storm swatch, silver grey blue smokey eye, silver grey eye makeup, silver grey plum eye makeup, silver grey smokey eye, simple grey eye makeup, simple silver eye makeup, smokey eye tutorial, summer storm
I recently received some products from Mattify! Cosmetics for trial and today I’m doing different looks with one of the sparkling eye shadows ‘Summer Storm’.
Summer Storm is a medium-tone silvery grey shade. This mineral eye shadow is very finely milled and has great color pay off (review coming soon). I was looking for a grey shade since some time and this one perfectly fitted the bill! It appears to have a bluish green undertone in the jar but once applied on the lids, its a pure silvery grey.
4 eye makeup looks with Mattify! Cosmetic sparkling eye shadow ‘Summer Storm’ -
1. Simple silvery grey eye makeup look
Since the shade itself has so much punch, you can wear it alone as a wash all over the lid and pair it with lots on kohl on waterline and the same eye shadow smudged on lower lash line. Finish with dramatic mascara. I have skipped liner here.
Steps to create the ‘Simple silvery grey eye makeup look ‘ :
- Prime eyes with concealer/primer or loose powder.
- Swirl eyeshadow brush in the silver-grey eye shadow, tap off excess and apply on lid in light tapping motion to get intense color.
- Using a fluffy brush, soften the edges in the crease.
- Apply lots of kohl on waterline.
- Apply silver grey eye shadow ‘Summer Storm’ on lower lash line (outer 3/4th, starting from outer corner).
- Finish with lots of dramatic volumizing mascara.
I wore this look in my Silvery grey eye makeup with berry lips FOTD .
2. Soft silver-grey smokey eye
This shade makes a great mid tone shade for a smokey eye. Apply it on inner 3/4th of the lid , apply some black eye shadow in outer corner and crease. Line lower lash line and waterline with lots of kohl and smudge it with black eye shadow. Pat a little more of Summer Storm eye shadow on lower lash and apply volumizing mascara.
Steps to create the ‘Soft silver-grey smokey eye’ :
- Create a base on the eyes by using primer/concealer.
- Apply a black smudgy kohl pencil (like MAC Smolder) on outer corner (V) , upper lash line and crease and soften with a smudging brush. This gives a bit of depth and shadow.
- Line water line with lots of kohl, smudge it with a smudging brush.
- Apply silver grey eye shadow ‘Summer storm’ all over lid in patting motion.
- Take a matte black eye shadow and apply on outer V, crease and upper lash line.
- Blend the black and the grey lightly in the crease and outer corner, take it a little beyond the crease for a dramatic look.
- Apply the grey eye shadow over the smudged kohl on lower lash line and make a ‘V’ shape at the point where the upper and lower lash lines meet (outer corner). Don’t make it too harsh and neat because that will spoil the smokey eye. Let it be a little smudged.
- Apply the silver grey eye shadow in inner corner (optional)
- Finish off with volumizing mascara.
3. Silver grey and plum eye makeup look
This looks is also really simple like the first one. I’ve paired it with a different colored eye shadow for a little more color on the eye. Since its a cool toned silver grey shade- pair it with shades like deep pinks, purples, navy blues or plums for a coordinating effect.
Steps to create the ‘Silver grey and plum eye makeup look ‘ -
- Follow steps 1 to 4 of the first look Simple silvery grey eye makeup
- Using a pointed brush or a thin flat brush, apply the plum eye shadow on the lower lash line starting from outer corner going all the way till the inner corner.
- Finish off with dramatic volumizing mascara.
4. Silver grey-navy blue smokey eye
Silvers and greys looks fantastic with navy blue shades. I used a midnight iridescent blue here to create the following look.
Steps to create the ’Silver grey and navy blue smokey eye ‘ -
- Follow steps 1 to 4 of look no. 2 Soft silver grey smokey eye.
- Apply the navy blue eye shadow in the outer 1/3rd of the lid and crease.
- Blend with the silver grey for a smooth transition. Do not take it beyond the crease.
- Apply the blue eye shadow on the lower lash line, starting from outer corner taking it 3/4th of the way inside.
- Finish off with volumizing mascara.
There can be more looks created with this gorgeous shade! Review and more looks coming up soon. You can visit Mattify Cosmetics website and check out the entire product range HERE.
Which was your favorite look?
How would you wear Mattify! cosmetic sparkling eye shadow ‘Summer Storm’ ?