Today I’m reviewing Avon smooth minerals lipstick in the shade ‘Brick Red‘. I find red lipsticks suit me because of the red undertones in my skin and even when I don’t want to wear a full-power red, I can just dab a little bit of red lipstick on my lips for a stained effect which lasts me 3 hours at least.
Price : Rs 429 (Picked up for Rs 339- current month offer)
Quantity: 3.6 g
What Avon says about the product :
- Formulated with 100% mineral colorants that are gentle on the lips while providing gorgeous shine.
- Provides buildable coverage and shine.
- contains natural shea butter and SPF 15
- Contains a moisture complex that keeps lips soft and supple.
- doesn’t cake up.
- Available in trendy shades.
My take on the product :
It comes in a black and dull tarnished bronze packaging which is quite sturdy and classy. The texture of the lipstick is quite smooth though not buttery, exactly like Revlon colorburst lipsticks. On swiping once, it have medium color and coverage which can be built up in 2-3 swipes for an intense color and full coverage. The finish of the lipstick is glossy but since it is not too glossy or balmy, it stays on for good time.
I like dabbing a little bit of this lipstick as a stain on my lips and that typically gives me about 3 hours of wear including a meal. Worn with full coverage, it’ll easily give 4-5 hours of wear. The lipstick is moderately moisturizing and doesn’t dry out the lips while giving long wear. It doesn’t settle into the fine lines of my lips, rather minimizes them slightly. It fades evenly without giving patchiness and leaves behind a nice brick red tint behind.
The shade Brick Red –
Its a brownish red, with just a hint of brown and more of red. Very wearable red for all complexions especially those who shy away from hot reds. Looks great when worn sheerly as a stain too.
Shade selection :
The shade selection is pretty good covering almost all shades.The shades are mostly from the pink and brown family – I found almost all the shades very wearable. Shades I liked- Rumberry, Cranberry, Plum Craze, Rosy Brown and Malted Mineral.
The GOOD about Avon smooth minerals lipstick ‘Brick Red’ –
- Sturdy and classy packaging.
- Texture -smooth but not overly buttery/balmy.
- Buildable coverage- 2-3 swipes give intense color and full coverage.
- Gives 4- 5 hours of wear.
- Fades evenly, leaving brick red tint on the lips.
- Contains SPF 15
- Gives a glossy effect.
- Does not enhance fine lines.
- Can be worn as a stain for a hint of color that lasts 3 hours.
- Can be picked up on good discount!
- Color selection from catalogue can be misleading.
- Some people may find it expensive at original price.
This is how it looks on me. I wore it in my Bronze gold and red makeup look HERE.
This is how it looks on me worn as a stain. Wore it in my FOTD for MAC Cream color base ‘Improper Copper’ review HERE.
Overall Verdict : This lipstick is quite comparable to Revlon Colorburst lipsticks in terms of quality. The texture is smooth but not overly so, pigmentation is good, color is buildable. It gives a glossy shine to lips and lasts for 4-5 hours. Contains shea butter and SPF 15 so provides moisturization as well as sun protection. The shade selection contains more pinks and browns which makes it a good range of wearable shades.
Brick red is a warm red with a hint of brown. Highly recommended for all skin tones.
Will I repurchase: Yes!
Have you tried Avon smooth minerals lipstick?
You might also like to read –