Smokey eyes is one of my favorite eye makeup looks and I love trying out smokey looks with different colors.
Here is a Midnight blue smokey eye look that I tried few days back.
Summary of the look :
On a well moisturized face, conceal required areas, apply foundation and set with compact/loose powder. For the eyes, apply grey base on the lids using a grey eye pencil, midnight blue eye shadow on lid and lower lash line, kohl on waterline and black eye shadow in crease and close to upper lash line(as liner), silver eye shadow on inner corner and brow bone, finish off with mascara. Apply a neutral/warm pink blush and brownish pink/berry shade of lipstick/gloss to complete the look.
- MAC select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
- Chambor Dazzle liner ‘grey’
- Bourjois ombre stretch eye shadow no. 14 ‘Bleu nuit irise’
- Coastal Scents 88 original matte palette
- MAC Smolder
- Maybelline colossal volume mascara
- Brushes- The body shop life softener brush, concealer brush/MAC 222
- Conceal the under eye area and apply loose powder/compact.
- Tightline the eyes with blackest black kohl (tightline= lining upper and lower waterline with kohl/eye pencil)
- Apply grey pencil all over the lid(till crease) as base for the blue shade to look vibrant, stay on better and not crease/fade soon.
- Soften the edges of the grey liner applied with line softener brush
- Apply midnight blue eye shadow all over the lid leaving a small area near the inner corner. Do not go beyond the crease or outer corner.
- Apply a small amount of black matte eye shadow in crease, outer corner and line upper lash line with black eye shadow using the line softener brush.
- Soften the eye shadow in the crease and outer corner.
- Apply the blue eye shadow on lower lash line and merge with eye shadow on upper lash line to make a ‘V’ at the outer corner.
- Apply silvery blue eye shadow in inner corner and under brow bone.
- Finish off with 2 coats of mascara.
Completed eye makeup photos –
- MAC Studio fix fluid foundation NC 40
- Chambor silver shadow compact
- NYX Rouge cream blush ‘Rose Petal’
- Foundation sponge
- MAC 188 (for blush)
- The body shop face and body brush (for compact)
- Chambor Glitzy gloss Intense no. 616 (See Review and Swatch HERE)
Here is the finished look –
Have you tried blue smokey eyes? What lip color do you pair it with?
You might also like to read :