Today I’m reviewing Chambor baked minerals blush in shade ‘106 Glitzy Copper. Some time back, I was on a lookout for a peach blush (before I found Faces blush ’01 Burnt Sienna’) and while browsing through the blush range at the Chambor I came across this beauty. The SA offered to apply it on me and it gave such a natural warmth to my face that I decided to pick it up.
I’ve been wearing this blush very often with all warm eye makeup look s and all of my warm lipstick shades (Avon simply pretty ‘Rick Terracotta’, Maybelline moisture extreme ‘Bronzy Orange, Maybelline color sensational ‘My Mahogany’ in the FOTDs)
Price: Rs 795
Quantity: 3 g
What Chambor says about the product :
” Baked minerals refined into powder formula enhance the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer.
It provides exceptional sheer & is very lightweight in application.
Builds colour for ultimate effect, layer after layer without heavy coverage. It enhances the cheekbones with a luminous & pearlized shimmer which is luxurious in every way.
It is enriched with Jojoba oil & Vitamin E.”
My take on the product :
Packaging : It comes in an attractive though not very user friendly packaging (Refer images). It contains a tiny brush (similar to Bourjois baked blush) which is soft enough but not so useful since its not very convenient to hold and apply. The transparent lid allows easy identification of the blush but I feel the packaging could have been better- especially the ease of opening of the blush could be improved. It does not come with a mirror. The blush itself is in form of a round mound and has a pattern on it like most mineral blushes which makes it very attractive!
Texture and Pigmentation : The texture is smooth and not too powdery since its a baked mineral blush. Pigmentation is good- it gives sheer color is one swipe which is easily built up in 2-3 swipes. Thus, beginners can use it easily without going overboard with the color in single swipe. It blends very easily and no extra effort is required to make it look naturally blended on the cheeks.
The shade ‘106 Glitzy Copper’ : It is a mix of peach and copper with fine pearl finish making it a perfect warm blush for all skin tones. The pearl finish is quite subtle and gives a slight sheen to the cheek bones and not shimmer/glitter. Thus, it can be worn in the daytime as well. The shade along with its pearl finish gives a lovely warmth to the face.
Ideal for pairing with peachy-brown, orange, reddish brown, brown shades of lipsticks.
There are 3 more shades in this range: Glitzy Peach (suitable to fair skin tones), Glitzy Pink(also suitable to fair/medium skin tones) and Glitzy Berry.
Staying Power: It stays for about 5-6 hours easily on my oily skin with even fading of the color after 2-3 hours. You can still see a hint ot color after 6 hours so the face doesn’t look completely devoid of color even when it has faded. Will stay better on primed skin or normal/dry skin.
The GOOD about Chambor baked mineral blush ‘106 Glitzy Copper’
- Packaging is attractive with the transparent lid- blush itself has pattern and veining like most mineral blushes.
- Texture is smooth and even. Brush picks up right amount of color.
- Applies evenly and blends beautifully on cheeks to give natural warm glow.
- Pigmentation is good and coverage is buildable.
- Great for beginners since it gives sheer color in single swipe.
- The pearl finish gives a glow to the face without making it too shimmery.
- Suitable for day time as well as evening.
- Will suit a lot of skin tones.
- Good staying power of 5-6 hours on un-primed skin.
- Chambor does not test on animals.
- Did not accentuate my pores or break me out.
- Packaging is not user friendly- the brush is of no use, there is no compartment for brush, no mirror.
- Expensive for 3 g of product!!
Will I repurchase: If I need to , Yes!
Have you tried Chambor glitzy blushes?
You may also like to read :