Posted by Corallista | Posted in Chambor, Lips, Looks, Product Reviews | Posted on 15-07-2011
While oranges, corals and pinks ruled these summers, its time for darker, deeper shades now with the cold, wet season setting in. I was looking for some berry and brick shades in lipsticks and glosses when I came across this particular shade among the newly launched shades in Chambor Glitzy glosses(Intense).
Chambor Glitzy glosses come in 2 variants- creamy, opaque ones (INTENSE range) and metallic, shimmery ones (TWILIGHT). See other shades on the Chambor website.
The shade I’m reviewing is no. 616 from the Intense range (What an unattractive name for such a gorgeous product!!)
Price: Rs 550
Quantity: 6.5 ml
My experience with the product : On swatching at first, I loved how creamy, opaque and pigmented it was. Also, like all other Chambor lip products, this gloss smells wonderful. The packaging is attractive- the transparent tube allows easy identification of shades. The applicator is the regular sponge tip applicator that picks up enough product to apply an even coating of gloss on the lips.
Single swipe gives opaque coverage and the color intensity can be built up by applying a little more of the product. The texture is wonderful- smooth and creamy that glides beautifully on the lips. The gloss is non-sticky and moderately moisturizing and has a good lasting power of 3-4 hours(with mild eating/drinking) but it may not survive a slurpy meal.
Shade no. 616: This shade is gorgeous and would suit all skin tones. Its a brownish berry shade with just the right balance of warm and cool- brown and pink to make it suitable to be paired with both warm and cool eye/cheek makeup. It does not contain any shimmer. Gives a glossy coverage of opaque color to the lips.
It is one of those shade you could wear this just mascara/kohl. It is on of my most used products currently.
I wore this with Chambor glitzy copper blush and it brought out the warm undertones of the gloss making it appear almost brick-red with a hint of berry. When paired with NYX rouge cream ‘Rose Petal’ (in the FOTD), it appears ‘pinker’ and more berry than brown because of the cool undertones of the blush.
Here is how it looks on me -
The GOOD about Chambor Glitzy gloss Intense no. 616 -
- Packaging is sleek and attractive- transparent body allows easy location of shade.
- Sponge tip applicator picks enough product for 1 application.
- TEXTURE is smooth, creamy and non-sticky.
- Very pigmented.
- Single swipe gives opaque coverage- intensity of color can be built up.
- Good staying power : lasts 3-4 hours (may be lesser if heavy meals are consumed)
- Gives glossy opaque wash of color to the lips.
- Gives a smooth appearance to the fine lines of the lips (because of its creaminess).
- Feels hydrating and comfortable on the lips.
- Shade no. 616- would suit all skin tones, can be paired with different shades of eye/cheek makeup.
- Chambor does not test on animals.
- The mouth of the tube gets messy after some time of use.
- Not listed on the website(since its a new shade)
Overall Verdict: Like all other products I’ve tried out from Chambor, this gloss is a winner! It is smooth, creamy, very pigmented and gives opaque coverage in single swipe. Does not feather, smudge or bleed. Gives a smooth, glossy look to the lips that lasts for 3-4 hours. The shade no.616 is universally flattering brownish berry shade that can be worn with many different colors in eye /cheek makeup. The mouth of the tube does tend to get a little messy after some time of use but its something I can live with for such a good quality product!
Highly recommended to everyone!
Will I repurchase: Yes!
Have you tried Chambor Glitzy glosses?
You might also like to read :