Today I’m reviewing one of my favorite and most used products – MAC ‘Indianwood’ paint pot.
MAC Paint pots are basically cream eye shadow formulations that come packaged in a small tub or “pot” and can be used as eye shadow base or alone or in conjunction with other eye shadows. They set within few seconds of application and stay on for hours without creasing or fading. Thus they work as excellent eye primer/bases- bringing out the color of the eye shadows and preventing them from smudging, creasing or fading.
Price: Rs 1100
Quantity : 5 g
What MAC says about PAINT POTS : A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.
The shade ‘Indianwood ‘ : MAC describes the shade as Metallic antique bronze (Frost). It is a bronzy gold shade with a high metallic shine that appears more gold on the lids. The shimmer is not glittery or chunky but finely distributed in the product that gives a metallic effect. The shade is very beautiful and very versatile. It can be paired with a lot of colors to create any kind of look and moreover, it will suit all skin tones. It can be worn alone all over the lid with just mascara and kohl for a simple everyday look too. Because of the versatility of this shade, I decided to give this wonderful product in my first Giveaway! In case, you’ve not entered yet, you can enter the giveaway HERE.
I’ll be doing another post shortly about the different looks you can create with ‘Indianwood’ paint pot.
The GOOD about MAC ‘Indianwood’ paint pot :
- Sturdy, classic black MAC packaging
- Creamy, smooth formula that glides on lids.
- The shimmer is very wearable and fine- gives a metallic effect.
- Does not crease, fade for a long long time.
- Can be used as a base- helps eye shadows stay longer without creasing, fading, smudging.
- Will suit all skin tones.
- Can be used to create many different looks- is subtle enough for everyday wear.
- Little quantity is required- will last a long time.
- Applies easily- can be applied with a brush or fingers.
- Comes in a tub packaging- you need a brush to apply or else need to dip your fingers in it to apply.
- The product sets quickly so you cannot take a long time to blend it.
- Expensive (being MAC!)
- MAC ‘Indianwood’ paint pot on inner half of the lid(applied sheerly)
- matte green eyeshadow on outer half
- FACES kajal on waterline
- Lakme shimmer liner ‘Midnight Moon’ on upper lash line
- Maybelline colossal volume mascara.
Overall Verdict: It is one the most gorgeous and versatile warm metallic shades that will suit all skin tones and can be used in many different ways. The texture is smooth and creamy and applies like a dream. You need to use fingers or a brush to apply. The formula is excellent- shimmer is fine and non-gritty, applies evenly and smoothly, stays on without creasing,fading and smudging for hours and can be used as base or worn alone. Since it is MAC, it comes with a price tag, but it is worth every penny!
Will I repurchase: Yes! (though I won’t need to )
Have you tried MAC Paint pots? Which is your favorite shade?