I know its thursday but I got a day late in posting this. Today I’m sharing with you all my daily skin care routine products.
I have mainly oily acne-prone skin that veers towards normal to combination type in dry weather.
My skin care routine consists of the following –
- CTM : Cleansing, Toning Moisturizing- typically 3 times a day.
- Sunscreen: I never step out without sunscreen.
- Exfoliating : I scrub 5-6 times a week and this prefer gentle scrubs.
- Face packs : I use a home made pack almost 5-6 times a week and another branded market product 1-2 times a week.
- Clindac solution : Dermatologist recommended lotion for acne control.
These are the products I am currently using :
1. Cetaphil cleansing lotion (My HG cleanser)
It is gentle and effective. I use this to remove my makeup usually. Currently on my 3rd bottle of this.
2. Neutrogena deep clean facial cleanser
Doesn’t dry my skin out like the foaming cleanser from Neutrogena. It is again mild and effective, cleanses well and gives a healthy, refreshed look to the skin.
Scrub: Biotique papaya scrub
The granules are a little harsh but a little goes a long way. Just finished using Hip Hop Kiwi scrub (which was excellent!!). It exfoliates well but cannot be used everyday.
Toner: Fab India tea tree toner
I’ve not noticed any dramatic change in my skin since I started using this. The bottle is almost finished now. I use it 2-3 times a day, after washing my face or after using a face pack. I don’t think I’ll repurchase.
Moisturizer : Lotus whiteglow micro emulsion
Absolutely love this!! Used to make my skin a little greasy earlier but suits me perfectly now! I use it every time I wash my face with face wash which is typically 2-3 times a day and also after face packs. Will definitely repurchase!
Sunscreen: Lotus 3-in-1 matte SPF 40 (My HG sunscreen)
Gives a tinted moisturizer type effect and controls oil too. Absolutely non-greasy and perfect for oily skinned people. Currently on my second tube.
Face packs :
1. Home made face pack – A mix of multani mitti (fuller’s earth) , sandalwood powder, rose petal powder, orange peel powder, neem powder and turmeric. I use this at least 5 times a week. I’ve stored the mixture in a small jar and I just take a tea spoon amount, mix it with water and apply on the face and neck till it dries off. Nothing works better than this face pack for my skin.
2. Aroma magic beauty pack – I’ve recently started using this and I love it. It takes a long time to dry but it does give a nice glow that lasts for 2 days. Skin seems smoother, brighter and the mild acne scarring also seems lessened. Use twice a week.
Under eye cream : Avon solutions plus total radiance under eye gel
I use it at bedtime ( not very regularly) but my under eye pigmentation seems to have lessened a little.
Chambor makeup up removing beauty sponges – I got it free with a purchase recently and its really a good product. Cleanses effectively (not waterproof makeup though) and the scrubbing is very very gentle. Skin looks smoother and shines every time I use it.
Clindac solution – This is a dermatologist recommended product for my acne prone skin. I use it everyday at bedtime and it has controlled breakouts to some extent. Please do not use unless recommended by dermatologist.
Products I would repurchase :
- Cetaphil cleansing lotion
- Lotus whiteglow micro-emulsion
- Lotus 3-in-1 matte sunscreen
- Clindac solution
- Aroma magic radiance pack
- Neutrogena deep clean cleanser
- Chambor beauty sponges
What are your current skin care routine products?
Note: The above mentioned products have worked for me , may not necessarily work for everyone. Please buy skin care products keeping your skin type and history in mind.