Today I’m reviewing FACES blush ’01 Burnt Sienna‘ which is a matte peach shade blush. Neha S. asked me to recommend a peach colored blush and that’s when I realized I did not have a true peach shade blush myself (Colorbar ‘peachy Rose’ is a pinked peach, not true peach). I started looking for a peach shade and I found this beauty from Faces!
Price: Rs 299 (I picked it up for around 250 from Beauty Centre)
Quantity: 8 g
What the packaging says about the product :
My take on the product :
Packaging : It comes in a simple round black plastic packaging with the blush in a pan inside and a mirror on the lid. The packaging is not very attractive and does not contain an applicator though the mirror is useful. The packaging could certainly be tweaked a little.
Texture and Pigmentation : The texture is smooth but not buttery. The pigmentation is good and single swipe gives sheer color which is buildable. Thus, it is a great blush for beginners, since its not too soft or pigmented, one would not go overboard with the color.
Staying Power: On compact over moisturized skin (without foundation/base) 4-5 hours. Over foundation/base, 6-7 hours easily with even fading of color after 3-4 hours.
Shade ’01 Burnt Sienna’ : It is matte peach shade without a pink or brown undertone. I do not like shimmer in my blushes especially day time blushes and I love the matte finish of this shade. The shade gives a nice peachy warmth to the face- nothing too dramatic, just a soft peachy touch. It is one of those which give an instant lift to a tired face especially when paired with a warm lipstick.
Lipstick recommendations to pair with-
- Avon simply pretty ‘Mango Mania’
- Avon simply pretty ‘Rich terracotta’
- Maybelline moisture extreme ‘Bronzy Orange’
- Comes with a big mirror inside.
- Packaging is sturdy.
- Texture is smooth but not too buttery.
- Good pigmentation- buildable color.
- Good for beginners since the its not too smooth and pigmented.
- Lasts all day long on the cheeks with even fading.
- Priced very reasonably.
- The peach shade gives instant lift to the face- wonderful pick-me-up color for fair- medium skin tones.
- Blends very well.
- Matte- can be used for daytime as well as evening, will suit all skin types.
- Did not break me out or irritate my skin in any way.
- Contains a lot of quantity of product : 8 g for a blush is great!
- Packaging is a little boring- does not applicator/brush.
- The shade may not show up well on very dusky skin tones.
- During travelling, some of the powder particles can collect on the sides (as u can see in the images)