Today I’m reviewing MAC Chromagraphic pencils in shades NC 15/NW 20 and NC 25/NC 30. These pencils and soft, creamy flesh toned pencil liners that can be used on the waterline, inner corners and under brow bone for a more open, fresh look to the eyes.
Price : Rs 900
Quantity: 1.36 g
I did not find these listed on the website. They were first launched with the Pret-a-Papier collection and then again in the Cham Pale collection.
Shades available :
- NC 15/NW 20 : It is the lighter shade of the two. Meant for light to medium complexions.
- NC 25/NC 30 : The darker ,warmer shade. Meant for medium to dusky complexions.
How they are meant to be used :
- On the waterline, gives a more open, awake look to the eyes.
- In the inner corners to brighten the eyes.
- On the browbone , similar to the way highlighters are used.
What it does?
- Brightens up the eyes
- Gives a more open, awake look
How I like wearing it :
- With a thick sharp line of black liner on upper lash line and lots of mascara for a polished, glamorous look. Looks especially good when paired with bright bold lipsticks.
The GOOD about MAC Chromagraphic pencils :
- Simple sturdy classy black MAC packaging. Easily sharpened.
- The texture of the pencil is soft and creamy.
- Lines waterline smoothly and evenly in one stroke.
- Can be smudged easily on the browbone.
- Does not irritate the eyes- safe for contact lens wearers.
- Does not transfer to eye lashes.
- Stays out all day long.
- Gives a brighter, more polished look to the eyes.
- Since they are flesh-toned instead of stark white or shimmery- they give a natural bright,open look to the eyes.
- Last quite long.
- The pencil packaging is colored at the end so its easy to identify the shade of the pencil from outside.
The NOT-SO-GOOD about MAC Chromagraphic pencils :
- Not sure if they are part of the permanent collection.
Overall Verdict : It is soft, creamy, flesh-toned ,sharpen-able pencil that instantly opens up and brightens up the eyes when applied on the waterline, inner corners and brow bone. It doesn’t smudge or transfer to the lashes and lasts all day on the waterline. It gives a very polished, sophisticated look when paired with thick black liner , mascara and bright lipstick and I personally love using it. Would not call it a must-have product but once you use it, its hard to not love it!
Rating: 4.5/5 (-0.5 for the price)
Have you tried MAC Chromagraphic pencils?