Mango Mania and a little bit of champagne : My first Avon purchase

Hi everyone!

I recently made my first Avon purchase and I’m loving each and every product I bought. I picked up 3 nail paints from the Simply Pretty range taking advantage of the offer- ‘Sweet Pink’ , ‘Champagne Shimmer‘ and ‘Mango Mania‘. Also picked up a lipstick from the Simply Pretty range ‘Mango Mania‘. My Avon representative Jinal also gave me Avon Naturals Wild apple and grape hand and body lotion as a free gift with my purchases. Thank you Jinal πŸ™‚

Mango Mania is a coral-brick shade that instantly brings warmth to the face. Its neither too bright nor too dull, just has the right amount of orange tone and looks beautiful worn as it is. It is the sort of shade that’ll suit all skin tones. Thank you Natasha for recommending this shade to me πŸ™‚

Avon simply pretty lipstick 'Mango Mania' FOTD

Price: Rs 125

Quantity : 4 g

Avon simply pretty lipstick 'Mango Mania' FOTD

Avon simply pretty lipstick 'Mango Mania'

Avon simply pretty lipstick 'Mango Mania' swatch

Mini Review : The texture is smooth but not too soft, its not very moisturizing) and will not suit people with dry lips. The staying power is good – Β easily lasts 3-4 hours with meals in between and an even tint remains on the after 4 hours too. Β The packaging is not so attractive but I don’t mind that at this price. The shade is mentioned in small font at one end of the lipstick so to identify a particular shade- you need to go through each label. The pigmentation is good and coverage is medium in single swipe and can be built up to opaque intense color in 2-3 swipes. Β Th finish is almost matte but not drying.

At Rs 125, its a steal! And I highly recommend this particular shade to everyone.

Rating: 4.5/5

Will I repurchase: Yes.

Avon simply pretty lipstick 'Mango Mania' FOTD

This is what I wore today. You can share your makeup breakdown of the day with me on Facebook by clicking HERE.

I’m currently wearing the nail paint ‘Champagne Shimmer’ from the 3 nail paints I purchased. I picked up 3 nail paints for Rs 105 from the May catalog. As the name suggests, it is a champagne color with evenly distributed fine shimmer in it. Single coat Β gives a sheer coverage and double coat builds up the shimmer for a full coverage opaque look. I have worn the nail paint for 2 days now without top or base coat and there’s been no chipping yet. It gives a fairer and glamorous look to the hands. The shimmer is not subtle but its not too blingy either.

Avon simply pretty 'Champagne Shimmer' nail paint

Have you tried Avon products? What are your favorite products from Avon?

p.s- I’m trying out a new theme on the blog. I find it livelier and peppier than the last one. What do you think? Let me know your comments and suggestions.

1. May 31, 2011 / 9:03 pm

I love the theme! πŸ™‚ and mango mania. I want to see mango mania nailpolish!

• May 31, 2011 / 9:10 pm

Thank you Ik πŸ˜€ Mango Mania nail polish is similar in color…I’ll apply it once this one starts chipping πŸ˜›

• ik
        May 31, 2011 / 9:54 pm

okay!:)

2. May 31, 2011 / 9:15 pm

Even I have been lusting over this shade for a while. I think for the price the lippies are a steal. hey, I have the champagne shimmer and its my all time fav color as well. Just love the shimmer and the color!!

• May 31, 2011 / 9:18 pm

Mango mania is one of the prettiest shades I have and it looks so great in the summers. Agree abt champagne shimmer! Any other favorites from Avon?

3. Neha S.
    May 31, 2011 / 11:56 pm

woww simply loving this shade!!! ill defntly order this one from jinal even though i ahve dry lips im dying to have this shade!!!

• June 1, 2011 / 12:00 am

Its very pretty Neha! You’ll love it!

4. niharika
    June 1, 2011 / 12:21 am

I think I’m getting this lipstick…this is the colour I was talking abt!

• June 1, 2011 / 12:34 am

Ohh..I thought u were talking about a pinker shade. But you’ll love this..it gives such a lift to the face!

5. niharika
    June 1, 2011 / 12:45 am

I do…a deeper tone of that chambor pink…but this colour looks jus the right shade of red…I didn’t want very bright red…this may go well with my skin…

• June 1, 2011 / 1:01 am

I’ll find a deeper pink for you πŸ˜› This color’s gorgeous..its more orangey brownish than red but it looks very nice. You can wear it sheer also. We’ll try it on you soon πŸ˜€

6. June 1, 2011 / 7:14 am

What a gorgeous shade! πŸ™‚

7. June 1, 2011 / 7:39 am

me love the color…but am scared of orange

• June 1, 2011 / 11:53 am

Its not so orange Shivani..In fact if you want to try something orangey, this would be a really great choice!

• June 1, 2011 / 4:23 pm

will check it out ….wait cant check it out at any store…damn

• June 1, 2011 / 4:27 pm

Lol!! Order it from Jinal. The good thing is its very reasonably priced. Maybe there might be an offer this month. Have to check the catalog πŸ˜›

8. June 1, 2011 / 10:59 am

Love both the lippie and the polish. I like how even the nail polish is in shade and shimmer!

• June 1, 2011 / 11:55 am

Hi Shai, its a very popular shade from Avon- both the lipstick and the nail paint. Have you tried anything from Avon yet?

9. neha
    June 1, 2011 / 12:00 pm

i have this (even a back up) since two years now
    also reviewed it on imbb
    i agree its not smooth but lovely color
    n the choice they give is amazing
    try darling mauve its a bright pink
    i think it will suit u
    i have almost half of those simply pretty ones

• June 1, 2011 / 1:10 pm

I’m thinking of getting a back up too πŸ˜€ Ok, I’ll try Darling mauve. Any other reccos?

• neha
        June 1, 2011 / 3:26 pm

ankita check my reveiw on ten (or less) simply pretty lippies on imBB….
        with swathes…n see

• June 1, 2011 / 3:43 pm

Thanks..will check πŸ˜›

• June 1, 2011 / 3:54 pm

OK..I saw the review and another one with the fav earthy lakme ones with the lipsticks in the colorbar box!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

• saakshi
      June 21, 2011 / 2:50 pm

hi neha if u could send me the swatches of simply pretty lippies. I am planning to try one of those. thanx a ton….. πŸ™‚

10. June 1, 2011 / 12:05 pm

The colour is great… just the right amount of shine for summer πŸ™‚

• June 1, 2011 / 1:24 pm

I love this shade. And I love Avon πŸ˜› Anything in particular u like from Avon?

• June 1, 2011 / 4:39 pm

Have you tried LBD from Avon…? The fragrance is just heavenly….!!!

• June 1, 2011 / 6:10 pm

Ohh no I haven’t but thanks for the recco. I was looking for a perfume πŸ™‚

11. June 1, 2011 / 12:06 pm

ankita, any recos for a dusty rose colour? I am looking for something similar to nyx tea rose

• June 1, 2011 / 1:31 pm

NYX tea rose is very close to Chambor silk touch ‘Silk Pop’. Its not a very subtle shade actually. If you’re looking for a dusty rose shade, I think there are some in Maybelline moisture extreme by name of Dusky rose or Windsor rose. Revlon super lustrous ‘Rose Velvet’ is also very pretty.

• June 1, 2011 / 4:38 pm

thanks… will chk these out….

12. dhanu
    June 1, 2011 / 1:14 pm

Hello Anks,
    This theme looks really good than the old one…i really liked this and hope more changes comes on the way to make it more livelier…..
    Nice review ..i loved the nail paint…i so want it!!! how can i find the avon rep!!

• June 1, 2011 / 1:33 pm

Thank you so much Dhanu, I was really looking for feedbacks on the theme. Glad you like it πŸ™‚ The nail paint is really gorgeous. Which city do u stay in? Maybe I know someone who’s an Avon rep. Let me find out.

13. June 1, 2011 / 2:47 pm

hey…i love that shade..mango mania..looks pretty on you :-))

And good change in the template Anki..it is more peppy..

• June 1, 2011 / 2:58 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the template Poornima πŸ™‚ The shade is very pretty..already one of my favorites πŸ˜€

14. June 1, 2011 / 4:49 pm

The color looks really nice on you and the nail paint is real fun. I am having a hard time finding Avon representative in Bangalore πŸ™

• June 1, 2011 / 6:13 pm

Thanks Divya πŸ™‚ Another reader Dhanalaxmi is looking for a Avon rep in Bangalore. I’ll ask around and see if I can find someone πŸ™‚

• June 1, 2011 / 11:37 pm

Thanks, that would be great πŸ™‚

• June 2, 2011 / 12:45 pm

I’ve mailed u the contact no. Check ur mail πŸ™‚

• December 20, 2011 / 9:37 am

I am an Avon sales leader from Bangalore. If anyone interested in taking membership for FREE, please let me know. I can help further to get associated with Avon. You can drop an email to me catchrupa-at-rediffmail-dot-com

15. Roops
    June 22, 2011 / 10:50 am

Hey Corallista, wow!!! I liked the mango mania.. yummy and perfect for everyday wear.

You guys are wow! wow! really doing a great job! Simply amazing ….. was just browsing to buy Avon lipsticks and got accidentally hooked up with this site and i tell you this is such an addiction. I work from home. This has become my teatime partner now πŸ™‚ first thing in the mornings. I have been going through all the reviews for 3 days now. I felt like these 3 days went in a wink. VERY NICE REVIEW FROM ALL YOU GUYS…… GREAT JOB.

I browsed many sites and only this was the site, which amazed me and marked it right away as my home page. I was a rep previously and i used to love the Avon lippies. Nice shades they have. I have planning to buy simply pretty lippies and I have ordered a few of them. I am searching for a matte finish, not the shimmer kind though, BABY PINK color lipstick for every day use and which is not loud.

PS: One more thing, I think u guys need a tap on ur shoulders as well πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

June 22, 2011 / 2:22 pm

Thanks Roops πŸ™‚ This means a lot. Glad you enjoyed reading my reviews and posts! I’ve just become an Avon rep myself and just beginning to explore the products. I’m not sure of a Pink shade for everyday wear in Avon but I can recommend you some shades from Maybelline colorsensational range if you like- they are not matte finish though but not shimmery either, just have a creamy slightly glossy finish. Pink Petal, Make me Pink, Plaza pink and Warm me up are nice soft pink shades.

• Roops
        June 22, 2011 / 3:06 pm

Thanx a lot Corallista, I was really looking forward for your reply. I just checked all these color and fallen for Pink Petal…. was the color i was looking for… all the shades look absolutely sensational and tempting. Waiting for my orders, which i have placed in Avon…. Rich wine, Precious purple, Truffle, and Amethyst (which i thought will have that soft pink color) and as per the review, I think it will turn out to be a bit shimmer and louder kind …. don’t know…. Actually i wanted the pink one for my 6-year-old daughter, saakshi. She is quite a fashion geek and waiting eagerly for the parcel. πŸ™‚

June 22, 2011 / 8:25 pm

You’re welcome Roops πŸ™‚ Let me know how the shades from Avon turn out. I’m planning to pick up Pure Plum and Darling mauve on recommendations of my readers. Do pick up Pink Petal..hope it works for you!

16. Manali
    July 19, 2011 / 12:28 pm

like like liked d nail color… πŸ˜›

July 19, 2011 / 12:48 pm

Its a pretty shade Manali…would suit everyone too!

17. September 27, 2011 / 3:34 pm

Hi,
    I am a Sales leader in Avon from Bangalore. I am really happy to see such nice appreciations and comments for Avon lippies and nail paints. I am proud that I am a part of Avon.Hope I will also follow up all these comments from a wide range of Avon users here.:)

September 28, 2011 / 10:06 pm

Thanks Roopa πŸ™‚

18. elizabeth
    December 19, 2011 / 1:05 am

Gives such a good feel to read all these nice reviews abt Avon pdts. Though I am an Avon rep, I havent had the chance to use all the pdts so far. Just waiting for my camera so that I too can start posting here.
    Ankita, u have really inspired me. Thnku

August 28, 2014 / 11:57 am

nice shades of lipsticks..