Posted by Corallista | Posted in Latest Trends, Lips, Looks, M.A.C, Revlon | Posted on 26-03-2011
Here’s another look for the summer with orange lips, this time with neutral frost brown eyeshadow and bronzed face. In my previous look with orange lips, I’d paired it with golden/ brown eyes and peachy bronzed cheeks HERE.
Orange lips are not difficult to carry provided you choose a shade suitable for your complexion and pair it with neutral eye and cheek makeup. I have chosen a burnt rusty orange shade as I find it more flattering for my skin tone than a neon orange. This is more of an evening makeup look and goes best with neutral color clothing- white, black, beige and other nude shades.
Summary of the look-
On a well moisturized face, conceal required areas, apply foundation, set with powder and apply shimmery bronzer on apples of cheeks and blend out till hairline. With the remaining bronzer on the brush, lightly dust it all over the face for a ‘bronzed’ look. For the eyes, apply frosty medium-dark brown eyeshadow on the entire lid and blend out at crease with dark brown matte eye shadow. Apply kohl on lower lash line and brown liner on upper lash and finish off with mascara. Using lip brush apply the orange lipstick evenly on the lips.
Products used for eye makeup :
1. MAC eyeshadow ‘Twinks’ (all over lid)
2. Maybelline chai latte quad (dark brown crease color)
3. MAC Smolder (kohl on waterline)
4. Bourjois kohl and contour eye pencil ‘Brun expressif’ (Dark brown shade for lining upper lash line)
5. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
6. Brushes- unbranded brush for applying shadows, MAC 222 (For blending)
1. Apply Twinks (Frosty plum-brown) eyeshadow all over lid.
2. Using blending brush, blend out the color at the crease using a dark brown matte eyeshadow.
3. Apply compact powder under browbone for a neat look.
4. Apply kohl on waterline, smudge on lower lash line using angular/pencil brush loaded with dark brown matte eyeshadow.
5. Line upper lash line with dark brown eye pencil (to keep the eyes soft and not steal focus from the lips)
6. Finish off with a coat of mascara.
Products used for face :
1. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
2. MAC Studio fix fluid foundation NC 40
3. Chambor compact powder ‘RR2 Rose pale’
4. Revlon sunkiss radieux bronzer
5. Brushes – MAC 188 (foundation), The Body Shop face and body brush (compact), Vega blush brush (Bronzer)
Products used for lips :
Revlon matte lipstick ‘Misty Rust’
Final look -
I did this makeup for my entry for IMBB Most Fashionable Summer look. Click HERE to view.
Have you tried orange lipsticks ? What eye makeup and outfit do you like pairing it with? Let me know your comments by replying below.